13 May 2015

Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, F.S.P., on Holiness

"When I entered the convent I had a pretty self-confident, completely unsophisticated idea of what holiness would look like. I expected to be able to identify the holiest sisters because they would have a retinue following them, hanging on their every word and helping them with daily tasks.

"Hey, that is what Padre Pio pretty much had right?!

"I was expecting holiness to have clear outward markers. I thought I would be able to identify the 'holiest' of sisters immediately. It didn't really work out that way. I began to learn from my sisters about real holiness, the kind of holiness that is hidden, disguised, confusing, and sometimes, well strange."

In a recent commentary, Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, F.S.P., reflected on reflected on holiness and how it is reflected in our fellow human beings.

To access her complete post, please visit:

Pursued by Truth: 5 Things I’ve Learned About Holiness In the Convent (1 MAY 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment