29 January 2016

Randy Hain on Finding Time for God

"For years I have heard people say they don't have enough time to pray, get involved in parish ministry, attend daily Mass, take part in Eucharistic adoration, be involved in children’s activities, serve in the community, etc.

"I believe our misconception about time is one of the biggest obstacles, along with living in 'silos' and failing to surrender to Christ, to leading an integrated Catholic life. As someone who is also challenged about having enough time each day, I wonder: Do we own our calendars or do our calendars own us? Are we willing to make the changes necessary to get back on track?

Friends and colleagues have long wondered how I seem to squeeze so much activity into each day. As a reformed workaholic, I have always had a tendency to be fully engaged throughout the day and usually maintain a full plate of faith, family, and work-related activities. As I have gotten older and hopefully wiser, I have thought a great deal about how to make 'time' work for me as I seek to grow as a Catholic, husband, father, business leader, and servant of the community. There is no magic bullet, but I would like to share five ideas for how we can begin to tame our calendars and lead fuller, richer, integrated lives."

In a recent commentary, writer Randy Hain, Senior Editor for The Integrated Catholic Life, offered a number of suggestions designed to help us "tame our calendars" so that we find time to include God in our lives. These suggestions include having our priorities in order, combining activities when possible, removing the unnecessary and replacing it with the necessary, and knowing where we are going.

To access Mr. Hain's complete post, please visit:

Integrated Catholic Life: Too Busy for God? (14 JAN 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment