31 October 2020

Jaymie Stuart Wolfe on All Saints Day and the Universal Call to Holiness

"All Saints Day gives me hope. Don't get me wrong. I know that the distance between me and anything that could be called sanctity stretches longer, wider, and deeper than the Grand Canyon - maybe even the Milky Way. But I'm grateful to be a few lightyears closer than I used to be, not because of anything I've done or achieved, but simply because God's mercy is everlasting.

"Look, we all fall short. The first sinner I know I'll see every day is the one in my bathroom mirror. That's why I put a large decal there to remind me to 'Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever' (Ps. 136:1). We might be tempted to complain when we don't get what we deserve, but when it comes right down to it, we all hope to receive far more than we deserve. Ultimately, we all need mercy."


In a recent commentary, writer Jaymie Stuart Wolfe reflected on the relationship between All Saints Day and the universal call to holiness.

To access Ms. Wolfe's complete post, please visit:

The Boston Pilot: Echoes: Jaymie Stuart Wolfe: A work in progress (30 OCT 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment