14 March 2024

Fr. Mark Plaushin, OSFS, on the Strength of Humility

"Long-term recovery from addiction and vital discipleship have something in common. Both take humility to acknowledge powerlessness. There can be no growth, no restoration of the spirit or wholeness of the mind until I accept my powerlessness because it is then that I am strong in Christ. For 'He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness"' (2 Corinthians 12.9). This is the way we can welcome the humility we need to convert our woundedness into self-gift - 'a humility that finds its hour.' This is the hour when the best version of us is needed. It is fueled by the humility that is as Christ's. When will that hour come?"

In a recent commentary, Father Mark Plaushin, OSFS, reflected on some of the incidents in which one's best-self was shown at the time of need.

To access Fr. Mark
's complete reflection, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Salesian Reflection: A Humility that Finds Its Hour (14 MAR 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment