14 August 2013

Fr. Longenecker on Money Worries

“I found myself worrying about money the other day. I’m privileged to be parish priest of the poorest and smallest parish in town. We’re situated in an area of the city with the most difficult demographic in socio-economic terms. We’re trying to build a splendid new church. Our school buildings are fifty years old and leaky. Our existing buildings are used over capacity and we work on half the budget and manpower we really need. So I worry about money sometimes.

“But, as my Sunday School teacher used to say, ‘Why worry when you can pray?’ Praying about your money problems really does help to sort them out. . . .”

In a recent commentary, Father Dwight Longenecker (parish priest at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Greenville, SC), reflected on how one can avoid worrying about money.

To access Fr. Longenecker’s complete post, please visit:

Standing on My Head: Worried About Money? (9 AUG 13)

Background information:

Dwight Longenecker - Catholic priest and author

No comments:

Post a Comment