07 November 2014

David Mills on Easing the Minds of Converts

"'I need your help,' wrote an old student of mine, who with his wife and children became Catholics a few years after my family and I. A former Episcopal minister, he was ordained a priest under the pastoral provision. A dozen or more of my students from the Episcopal seminary had done so, and all of them, including this one, are happy as clams at high tide. But not thereby free from worries.

"'I am now eight years into my life as a Catholic. Even as a priest I still feel lost often as I try and take in the current state of affairs in the Church and/or try and understand better the landscape in which I serve.'

In a recent commentary, writer David Mills reflected on the perceptions of converts (and others) of God working through and in the Church as a living body.

To access Mr. Mills' complete post, please visit:

Catholic Pulse: The Convert's Unnecessary Worries (6 NOV 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment