04 July 2016

Bishop Tobin on Good News in the Church

"Near the end of a recent television interview, the reporter asked me a couple of rather interesting and personal questions. 'As a bishop, what is it that you fear the most?' he asked. A tough question, and I had to think about it for a moment. But then I answered that one thing I worry about is someday not being able to provide for the spiritual and pastoral needs of the people of the Diocese, since that's my primary responsibility as their shepherd.

"Then he asked, 'What is it that gives you the most joy?' That was an easy question and I responded quickly that seeing the tremendous amount of good that the Church accomplishes every day is a source of great comfort, pride and joy. And it's true - as I travel around the Diocese, from Woonsocket to Westerly, from Burrillville to Block Island, I see our Catholic Faith in action every day."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the blessings bestowed on and through the Diocese of Providence.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

Without A Doubt: Need Some Good News? Look to the Church! (23 JUN 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment