14 July 2016

Sr. Constance Veit, L.S.P., on Joyfulness

"In May I was asked to offer a spiritual reflection at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast. I used my moment in the spotlight to share three pieces of advice that helped carry me through the weeks surrounding our appearance at the U.S. Supreme Court: Dare to be of good cheer ... See Christ in each person, whether friend or foe ... Believe that nothing is impossible with God.

"This simple advice seemed to strike a chord with my audience, especially the admonition to be joyful. The crowd actually laughed when I suggested that evangelizers must not be 'sourpusses.' Afterward a gentleman who is highly esteemed in Catholic circles told me that it was the first time he'd ever heard the word 'sourpuss' used in a speech! It might be the first time it ever made it into a papal document as well -- I was quoting Pope Francis!"

In a recent commentary, Sister Constance Veit, director of communications for the Little Sisters of the Poor, reflected on the important role of joy in our lives.

To access Sr. Constance's complete essay, please visit:

The Pilot: Echoes: Dare to be of Good Cheer! (8 JUL 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment