05 September 2018

Jeanne Ewing on Steps toward Spiritual Healing

"We all carry both psychological and spiritual wounds that affect our motives, our reactions to other people’s behavior, and the deeper reasons we fear or avoid certain things. When I was in junior high, I dabbled in the occult. My parents had warned me before I ever laid eyes on a Ouija board that they were bad news. But I found myself at a friend's house for a slumber party, and everyone else was playing the Ouija board.

"After it was my turn, strange phenomena happened to me and my family. I was terrified in a way I'd never known before, and guilt crept in. I knew what I had done was wrong, so I told my parents, who then took me straight to confession.

"For years, I believed my confession was enough to vanquish the residual effects of what I had done, but I was still plagued by an unseen heaviness and crippling fear of life. Recently, I learned that healing is a deeply involved process that sometimes takes decades or even a lifetime."

In a recent commentary, writer Jeanne Ewing reflected on several steps that may help one find true interior freedom and peace, including repentance, renunciation, reconciliation, reparation, and restoration.

To access Ms. Ewing's complete essay, please visit:

Catholic Digest: Five steps toward spiritual healing (13 AUG 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment