08 November 2018

On the Missing Millennials

"When I arrive at Mass with my wife and 7-month-old son, there's something that keeps circling my thoughts when I look at the pews surrounding us. It's not the age of the wood, the wear and tear of the Sunday Missals nor the noise of the A/C unit that is barely functioning. No, there is something much less visible.

"Millennials.

"I have friends, colleagues, classmates, and acquaintances who call themselves Catholic and yet I hardly see any of them at the end of the week. While I could easily make this into a list of fundamental tasks that they are failing to do, I more so want to unpack the culture that has permitted this type of behavior to endure. How could the Catholic Church, which has such rich history filled with the promise of eternal salvation be forgone for frivolities of our age? Why do we, specifically Millennials, just not care?

"They do care, and they crave what the Church has.  They just don't know it."

In a recent commentary in Those Catholic Men reflected on the need of Millennials to be challenged, to know their purpose, to receive direction.

To access the complete post, please visit:

Those Catholic Men: The Invisible Cry for Purpose (4 NOV 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment