15 January 2019

Bishop Tobin on the Holy Name of Jesus

"Like lots of other little kids, when I was growing up I had some pets at home. I have to confess, though, that I wasn't very creative in naming them. In fact, I was pathetic. I had a little black dog named 'Inky,' a hamster I named 'Hammy,' and a goldfish named - yep, you guessed it - 'Goldie.' It's a good thing, I suppose, that I never had a son or daughter - they probably would have been named 'Boy' and 'Girl.'

"But names are important, and none more so than the names found in the Bible which often carry special meaning. And at the top of the list of significant names of the Bible is, of course, 'Jesus!'"

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the importance of the Holy Name of Jesus.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

The Imitation of Christ: Jesus: The Name Above Every Name (20 DEC 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment