19 January 2019

Br. Nicholas Hartman, O.P., on the Hidden Workings of God

"I once got lost in the woods. I had spent the day hiking with much of my novitiate class, and four of us toured an off-trail route later in the afternoon. Because of a hurt ankle, I lagged behind at a point where what the trail was - if there even was a trail - grew increasingly unclear. I doubled back figuring I'd run into the other three brothers, but at some point, we missed each other. After around 20 minutes, my chest tightened as I attuned to the reality that I was off-course and that it was increasingly doubtful my three companions were still anywhere near me. 

"The worst part was wondering what everyone else was doing. What did they know about my predicament? Did they know I was lost? . . ." 

In a recent commentary, Brother Nicholas Hartman, O.P., reflected on the (often hidden) workings of God and what this means in our lives.

To access Br. Maximilian Maria's complete post, please visit: 

Dominicana: Misplaced in the Woods (16 JAN 19) 

No comments:

Post a Comment