29 April 2019

Bishop Tobin on the Faith of a Teenage Skeptic

"Dear Bishop Tobin: Ever since I was a child I was a skeptic. I had no hope and didn't believe anything. But now I am ready to be confirmed. It all changed when I started doing service hours and saw people helping others, out of only the kindness in their hearts. It made me realize that only real love could inspire such generosity and kindness, a love felt by those who accept Jesus into their hearts. My attitude changed quickly and I started acting with God in my mind and heart, and now I can’t picture life without my faith.

"That's the core of a letter I received from a 16-year-old student preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the importance of doing concrete, positive things that are motivated by our commitment to Christ.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: The Faith of a Teenage Skeptic (25 APR 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment