25 January 2021

Bishop Tobin on What Jesus Would Tweet

"At the end of a recent media interview that focused on my use of Twitter - which has sometimes been controversial I guess - the reporter asked me, 'If Jesus were still on earth, do you think he would tweet?'

"It's an interesting question, one I've been thinking about since the interview. And while it's difficult to answer hypothetical questions, it's sort of fun to think about what Jesus would tweet. And I think we find some clues about that in the Gospels, where the sayings of Jesus, sometimes very pithy and tweet-like, are recorded. So, if Jesus were tweeting today perhaps it would look something like this: . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on some of the things Jesus might tweet if he was on Twitter.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: WWJT - What Would Jesus Tweet? (21JAN 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment