21 March 2017

On the Catholic Churches of Hollywwod

"I'm as jaded a New Yorker as they come, and it takes a great deal for me to look up from my weekend bagel, coffee and newspaper. Though my out-of-town friends are thrilled whenever they spot a star pounding the pavement along with us, their pedestrianism doesn't impress me as much. However, I am thrilled to find out a star of stage, screen or tube is a devout Catholic - or, even better, a convert to the one, true, holy, catholic and apostolic faith.

"The list of Catholic actors is seriously impressive, even if we missed a couple here and there. For example, it's too bad Groucho Marx wasn't Catholic. Just imagine how funny that'd be! With Oscar season upon us, here's a look at Hollywood's famous Catholic churches, where stars and their fans pray side by side."

In a recent article, writer Angelo Stagnaro offer a quick look at seven Hollywood area parishes (and some of their parishioners).

To access her complete article, please visit:

National Catholic Register: Where the Stars Go to Pray: The Churches of Hollywood (26 FEB 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment