16 February 2021

Bishop Tobin on Early Learning and Our Memories

"I guess I’' a typical sports fan. I cheer for the home team and am happy when they win. I cheer against the 'bad guys' and am happy when they lose. Although sometimes the 'bad guys' are considered bad only because they're so good and seem to win all the time. (You know whom I'm talking about, right?)

"I enjoy watching professional sports on TV, especially football, golf, baseball and occasionally hockey. Someone once asked me how I could watch golf on TV because it's 'so slow.' I answered that whether I'm watching golf or football, I'm moving at the same speed!"

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on how, in religion as well as in sports, what we learn as children often impacts us later in life.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: Early Learning, Lifetime Memories (11 FEB 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment