28 February 2022

Bishop Tobin on Unhappy Days and Our Attitude

"A number of years ago I attended the episcopal ordination of a new auxiliary bishop in another diocese. At the end of the ceremony, as is the custom, the newly minted bishop addressed a few remarks to the assembled congregation. He thanked everyone for attending and participating in the ceremony; he thanked God for his priestly vocation; and then he said this: 'I've never had an unhappy day as a priest!'

"Those words struck me then and remain with me now. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the importance of, when experiencing unhappiness, focusing on the other good and positive things in our lives.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: "I've Never Had An Unhappy Day" (24 FEB 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment