19 September 2022

Bishop Tobin on th Eucharist and the Lord's Healing

"Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word, and my soul shall be healed.

"As you know, some of the words of the Mass change frequently, depending on the liturgical season or the feast being celebrated. Other words and prayers are used at every Mass, and that's the case with the prayer listed above. And precisely because these words become so familiar to us, it's good to step back and think about what we are saying, what we are praying, and what the words mean."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on some of the ways we can open ourselves to the Lord's healing as we pray "Only say the word, and my soul shall be healed."

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: And My Soul Shall Be Healed (15 SEP 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment