28 October 2022

Fr. Jack Loughran, OSFS, on Gratitude through Grief

"Last week I was on the 45-minute drive from my home in Adrian, MI, to my office at St. Francis High School in Toledo, OH. That afternoon I presided at the funeral of Brother James Dorazio, OSFS. Brother Jim died on October 9 at 88 years of age. The day was well planned. My morning was filled with setting up the reception at the Oblate residence, setting up the church, meeting the funeral directors, informing lectors and other ministers at the Mass of their responsibilities, and greeting Brother Jim's family from PA and MD.

"As I drove, thinking about the funeral and Brother Jim, a man I've known for over 50 years, I also began thinking of my older brother's funeral, which occurred just five days before. . . .".

In a recent commentary, Father Jack Loughran, OSFS, reflected on the grief he felt on these occasions and on the consolation he received through Christ and His resurrection.

To access Fr. Loughran's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection: Gratitude through Grief (27 OCT 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment