22 December 2022

Fr. Jack Loughran, OSFS, on Christmas

"Many things make me smile during the holidays. One is a memory of a nephew when he was about 6 years old. A few days before Christmas, I was visiting his family with my parents. My nephew was sitting in a chair in the living room corner, obviously pondering something. He was naturally one of those  kids who never stopped moving, so his posture and mood were out of character. I was looking at him, wondering what was going on in his head, when suddenly he popped out of the chair and announced to the room, 'I hate Christmas!' Asked why he hated Christmas, he stated, 'Because it's never gonna get here!' His Advent 'patient waiting' had reached its limit but he certainly brought a smile to my face."

In a recent commentary, Father Jack Loughran, OSFS, reflected on how "God is part of our history through the Incarnation in a new way" and, related to this, why we "light things up to proclaim our hope and joy with this gift."

To access Fr. Loughran's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection: Christmas (22 DEC 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment