26 June 2023

Bishop Henning on Gratitude to Two Diocsan Priests

"Last week, I spoke of my gratitude to, and admiration for, our priests. I also invited all of us to pray for our priests by invoking the mercy of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This week, I would like to make that appeal personal by expressing my gratitude to God for two particular priests: Father James Ruggieri and Father Joseph Brice.

"Early on, after my arrival in Rhode Island, I noticed that priests often referred to a 'Father James,' whom they admired. One priest went so far as to describe Father James as a combination of Mother Theresa, St. John Vianney and Padre Pio. I was intrigued by this description as it was hard to imagine that particular combination! . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Richard G. Henning, the new bishop of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected a few of the specific priests he has met and their priestly ministry.

To access Bishop Henning's complete essay, please visit: 

The State of Hope: An expression of gratitude to two of our priests (22 JUN 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment