19 June 2023

Bishop Henning on Spiritual Fathers

"Two weeks ago, I offered some thoughts on the importance of the Church of the home and the crucial role of good mothers and fathers in the spiritual care of their children. That sacred calling is certainly on my mind again as we prepare to celebrate our fathers this Sunday. The need for good fathers grows ever more intense as too many young people lack that foundational and formational blessing in their lives. I hope that we all thank and support fathers who embrace that sacred calling and I wish all of you and your families a joyful celebration. 

"I wonder if you might permit me to also offer a few thoughts about the spiritual fathers that shepherd our parishes here in the Diocese of Providence. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Richard G. Henning, the new bishop of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the priests of the diocese and some of the challenges they face and on their need for prayer support..

To access Bishop Henning's complete essay, please visit: 

The State of Hope: Fathers (15 JUN 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment