28 June 2023

Brian Schumacher on Reflections from Stopping to Smell a Honeysuckle

"Yesterday I literally stopped to smell the roses, and it changed my entire perspective on modern life. Technically it was honeysuckle but …regardless. I was walking through a part of town I have seen before, not paying attention to anything in particular when I noticed the honeysuckle draped across a stone wall. When I was a kid we had honeysuckle in our backyard and I remember always sticking my face into the plant to smell it. Fast forward to now, I'm 35 years old and once again I find myself sticking my face full on into the honeysuckle.

"Obviously a flood of memories came back but, also, when I started to look around I noticed all the different plants that I've walked by time and time again without ever taking time to actually appreciate them . . . ."

In a recent commentary, writer Brian Schumacher reflected on how this incident changed his perspective on life.

To access Mr.
Schumacher's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Brian Schumacher: I stopped to smell the … honeysuckle (18 JUN 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment