13 June 2010

Saint Francis De Sales Quote for Reflection

Today's "Daily with De Sales" reflection from the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales:

"Complain as little as possible about the wrongs you suffer; the one who complains usually commits a sin. Self-love feels that injuries are worse than they really are. Above all, do not complain to irascible or fault-finding people. If you feel it necessary to complain to someone, do so to those who are even-tempered and who really love God. Otherwise you will find that those to whom you complain upset you still more, instead of calming you."

How do I measure up to this standard? I usually try not to complain about anything. One thing I have been working on - when an annoyance pops up, I try to just calmly accept it. I see progress, but I have a ways to go. There are some things, involving other people, that I may be in a position to correct. I think I need to be more proactive in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment