12 July 2010

Yet Another Reflection on the Story of the Good Samaritan

Father Austin Fleming, pastor of Holy Family Parish, Concord, Massachusetts, offered the following reflection on the story of the Good Samaritan:

"Were I a screenwriter, I’d love to write a screenplay for the story of the good Samaritan. I think it would make a very good short film.

"I’d keep the story in its own first century Mediterranean setting and I’d open with an aerial shot, zooming in on a band of highway muggers walking away from a limp, half-naked, wounded body on the road that goes from Jerusalem to Jericho.

"Cut then to a scene in a simple inn where an innkeeper is waiting on two customers, seated at different tables, each having dinner. From the innkeeper’s conversation with them we learn that one is a priest and the other a Levite."

To continue reading Father Fleming's  homily, please visit:
Father Fleming: "Who is my neighbor?" (Homily for the 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment