06 September 2010

Thoughts of Gratitude as Labor Day Closes

Labor Day is drawing to a close, and, as it does, I am reflecting on how grateful I am for the opportunity to work. I am thinking of my current work, and I am also thinking of the many opportunities I've had over the years.

Each of these positions gave me an opportunity to learn (new skills and a variety of other things - some related to the work at hand and some related to other things), to grow as a person (many different personal attributes were honed to some degree), and to be of service to others (in a variety of different ways - in some cases, the persons were part of the organization and, in other cases, the persons were customers or clients of the organization or members of the greater community).

Whether I was a pharmacy clerk, dishwasher (by hand), construction laborer, encyclopedia salesperson, taxi driver, security guard, aluminum faceplate polisher, janitor, line plater (of electronic parts), printing salesperson, waiter, customer service representative, warehouse worker, teacher, freelance editor/writer/photographer (individually or collectively), or army officer (supply platoon leader, shop officer, or public affairs officer), I was in a position to be of assistance to others and to gain in knowledge and experience.

Each of these positions, as well as others not named, was a good opportunity for me, and I am grateful for any seeds that were planted and/or nurtured in me during these times. I am also grateful for any good I may have done for others, at whatever level during these occasions. (Naturally I am also grateful for the compensation I received and for the opportunity to put that compensation to good use.)

With the Lord's guidance and help, may I continue to serve Him well and serve His people well in whatever work He places before me.

For a more spiritual look at Labor Day, please visit:

      The Lop File: Reflections for Labor Day

No comments:

Post a Comment