25 March 2011

Reflection Starter from Father Robert, O.P.

Jesus said, "I am telling you the truth: whoever obeys my teaching will never die." (John 8:51)

"The words of the Lord are eternal. They contain the promise that whoever obeys His teaching would never die but have everlasting life. [One} pastor years ago had such a strong faith in Jesus’ word that he never removed the names of his deceased parishioner from the parish registry. He simply listed them as having 'changed residence.' How does my ordinary way of relating to other people and conducting my day to day life reflect my belief in eternal life? Does it make any difference?" - Father Robert, O.P. (from a recent Daily Inspiration from the Dominican Shrine of Saint Jude Thaddeus, Chicago, IL)

For more information about the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus, please visit:

Shrine of Saint Jude

Background information:

Dominican Friars of the Province of Saint Albert the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment