23 April 2011

187th Infantry Brigade (Separate)

When I was actively involved in the U.S. Army Reserve, the unit I was in for the longest period of time was a separate infantry brigade, the 187th Infantry Brigade. I was part of Company D, a direct support maintenance company, part of the 187th Support Battalion. We operated out of a facility in Hingham, Massachusetts.

As a second lieutenant, I was platoon leader of the Supply Platoon. After being promoted to first lieutenant, I became shop officer, overseeing the various maintenance operations. In addition to the Supply Platoon, we had platoons that were responsible for automotive repair, weapons repair, electronics (primarily radio) repair, and service and recovery (including welding and recovery and towing of vehicles).

I was pleased to recently discover a Wikipedia entry and a Facebook page for the brigade:

No comments:

Post a Comment