19 July 2012

A Conversion Reflection

“In the middle of life, I fell in love. For my forty-ninth birthday, my wife Lauren gave me a three-day visit by myself at a monastery in South Texas. I went there simply to read for a while and relax. I wasn’t a believer in much of anything, I wasn’t religious, and while I was there, I didn’t see any visions or hear voices.

“But when I came back, I was on a path. Something had happened. An invisible hand was pressing me in the small of my back, propelling me forward.”

In a recent two-part commentary, Richard Cole reflected on his conversion to Catholicism.

To access Mr. Cole’s complete post (both parts), please visit:

Good Letters: Of Monks, Conversion, and Radio Astronomy, Part 1 (12 JUL 12)

Good Letters: Of Monks, Conversion, and Radio Astronomy, Part 2 (13 JUL 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment