03 August 2013

On One Soldier’s Introduction to The Rosary

“I love praying the Rosary.  It always has given me peace whenever I have recited it, and my family prays the Sorrowful Mysteries together each Lent.  However, the person who had the greatest devotion to the Rosary in my family was my Protestant Uncle Ralph.

“When I was growing up my family lived next door to Uncle Ralph and his family.  Uncle Ralph was my favorite uncle.  He always had a sense of fun, loved to shoot the breeze with kids and did a hilarious Donald Duck imitation.  My Dad’s family were all Protestant; my brother and I were Catholic because my Dad had married my Catholic Mom, so I was surprised one day during my teen years when Uncle Ralph pulled out his rosary and told me how he came to always carry it.”

In a recent post, Donald R. McClarey reflected on the the introduction of his uncle to the Rosary as he was preparing for deployment with the U.S. Army during the Korean War.

To access his complete post, please visit:

The American Catholic: Uncle Ralph, the Rosary and the Korean War (28 JUL 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment