10 September 2013

Fr. Longenecker on Obedience and Faith

“I became a Catholic because I came to believe in the authority of the church. I had really come to believe that the Lord Jesus Christ delegated his authority to Peter and that the Bishop of Rome was Peter’s successor. Furthermore, I believed that the validly consecrated bishops of the Catholic Church were the successors to the apostles, and the priests were their ‘fingers’.”

In a recent commentary, Father Dwight Longenecker (parish priest at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Greenville, SC) reflected on the obedience of faith and what God may doing in our lives through our obedience.

To access Fr. Longenecker’s complete post, please visit:

Standing on My Head: No Obedience No Heaven (5 SEP 13)

Background information:

Dwight Longenecker - Catholic priest and author

No comments:

Post a Comment