09 January 2014

Randy Hain on the Difference an Hour Can Make

“[Recently] I had to work for part of the day to meet a few clients, tie up loose ends for the year and do some preparation for 2014.  It was challenging to be pulled away from my family over the holidays, especially with my easily bored sons out of school during the break.  I felt guilty, but I needed to be a good steward of my business and financial responsibilities and get some of my work done.

“The last meeting of the day was to be a late lunch with a new client prospect which had been scheduled several weeks ago.  He called me 30 minutes before our appointment to apologize and say he could not make it.  Suppressing my mild irritation, we rescheduled our meeting for another day.  I found myself with an unexpected extra hour.  What to do?  Well, I had a pile of paperwork back at my office to be handled.  Perhaps I could leave messages for some of my clients or send them emails in an effort to start filling up my meeting calendar after the holidays.  Maybe I could find a quiet place and write that new business blog post which has been on my mind for weeks.

“I did none of these things and went home instead.”

In a recent commentary, writer Randy Hain, Senior Editor for The Integrated Catholic Life, reflected on how he put the gift of this extra hour to good use.

To access Mr. Hain’s complete post, please visit:

The Integrated Catholic Life: The Difference an Hour Can Make (2 JAN 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment