30 August 2018

Birgit Jones on Making a Holy Hour Holy

"Like many other Catholics, I am not always quite sure how to spend an hour with Jesus.  Western culture has formed us to be productive, not to 'waste' time alone in silence. Since we are uncomfortable as we sit before the tabernacle, it is difficult to discern a clear plan of action. We might wonder if we are to wait for inspiration, use some formal format of prayer, or simply sit and wait with Him.  I was determined to overcome my struggle to pray because, whether we call it Eucharistic Adoration or Holy Hour, the time we spend with the Eucharistic Lord in Adoration offers many graces.

"After a few searches through various Catholic sources, I created a short list of options for my own use. It is important to realize that, as individuals in varying circumstances, we may all have specific differences with this list. My intention is simply to solidify a plan for my analytical self and share it with others as a suggestion."

In a recent commentary, writer Birgit Jones offered some thoughts on how to make a holy hour more fruitful.

To access Ms. Jones' complete post, please visit:

Catholic Stand: 7 Steps for Making a Holy Hour Holy (17 AUG 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment