01 August 2020

George Weigel on Rediscvering Baptism

"On April 29, 1951, Father Thomas Love, SJ, baptized me in the Church of Sts. Philip and James, near Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. Family legend has it that I raised such a furor during the proceedings that my cousin Judy hid in a confessional. There are pictures of the christening, and a few years ago I found a lovely letter that Father Love (whom I never met) wrote me shortly afterwards. But I cannot say that I took the date of my baptism seriously until I was nudged into greater baptismal awareness in the 1980s."

In a recent commentary, George Weigel (columnist and Distinguished Senior Fellow, Ethics and Public Policy Center, Washington, DC) reflected on the sacrament of Baptism and on how we can come to a deeper appreciation of this gift during this time of plague.

To access Mr. Weigel's complete post, please visit:

Denver Catholic: Rediscovering baptism in plague time (22 APR 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment