20 March 2021

Kevin Considine on Using Prayer to Harmonize with God

"Many mornings, before my family gets up, I walk out of the bedroom, go outside, kneel down, and pray. Not because I am particularly holy or good. I am neither.

"No, I pray because I do not know what else to do. I am overwhelmed. In a time when 400 years of racialized sin and injustice demand a reckoning, when a pandemic rages and alters life on a global scale, when climate change threatens the very existence of future generations, when political leaders have little vision beyond self-aggrandizement and power, and when a livable future for our children is so uncertain, I have nowhere else to turn. I talk to God because only God can listen. Only God knows. And, as Black preachers have said for centuries, only God can make a way out of no way."

In a recent commentary, writer Kevin P. Considine reflected on prayer, one's relationship with God, and concerns for challenges facing us in the world.

To access Dr. Considine's complete essay, please visit:

U.S. Catholic: Use prayer to harmonize with God (February 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment