18 November 2022

Maureen Furletti on Counting Our Blessings

"After many years of hosting, I have the routine down pat.  Order the turkey.  Review our favorite family recipes for stuffing, potatoes, and green beans.  Run to the Acme for the ingredients and grab extra canned goods for the school food drive.  Prepare the table with my grandmother's porcelain dinnerware.  Accept my sister's gracious offer to make a delightful dessert.  I checked all the boxes off my to-do list.

"Yet, with all this running around, I fail to focus on the purpose of the holiday: Thanksgiving."

In a recent commentary based on the writings and example of Saint Francis de Sales and Saint Jane de Chantal, Maureen A. Furletti, reflected on how we cam incorporate gratitude into our daily lives..

To access Ms. Furletti's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Francis & Me Reflection: "Counting Our Blessings: Francis & Jane's Tips for Growing Gratitude" (17 NOV 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment