12 April 2023

Magdalena Prokop-Duchnowska on Lenten Failures Being God’s Success

"Participating in a day of reflection, ticking off tasks from my Lenten to-do list for each day, and some valuable spiritual reading: That was my plan for Lent. Now Lent is over, and did I manage to tick off this year's goals? Well, no. As it happened, I didn't fulfill a single one.

"Is that a bad thing? On the contrary: it turned out to be - both for me and my family - the best solution. The reason is simple. If I had focused on seeking pious moments alone with God or on reading an edifying spiritual book, it would've been easier for me to overlook what is most important: in this case, my loved ones. Not only that: I would've treated every request, need, or attempt at contact on their part as an obstacle to deepening my personal relationship with Jesus. And I guess that's not the way to conversion, is it?"

In a recent commentary incorporating guidance from Mother Teresa ("If you want to change the world,go home and love your family."), writer Magdalena Prokop-Duchnowska  reflected on how her attention was directed to love in "ordinary, gray everyday life," serving "through small routine actions and duties."

To access Fr. Peter's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Magdalena Prokop-Duchnowska: Why my Lenten failures were God's success (12 APR 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment