16 January 2024

Fr. Gregory Pine, O.P, on a Recent Grace-filled Experience

"We each have our own ways of describing the spiritual life. Some use more reserved terms: 'In prayer I felt drawn to … ' Some use more assured terms: 'The Lord said to me …' It's difficult to find the proper tone, one neither overly-modest nor overly-cocksure. There's a faithful balance to strike when describing the invisible presence of grace.

"I typically don't pretend to know exactly what's going on in prayer. Whether sitting in the chapel or pausing for a moment of recollection, I rarely receive clear affirmation or communication. I trust the Lord will sort out my life with sufficient clarity over time. Here and now, I'm content to wait in silence. Which is why a recent experience has me so bemused."

In a recent commentary, Father Gregory Pine, O.P. reflected on his recent grace-filled experience..

To access Ms Barber's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Fr. Gregory Pine, O.P.: A presence that brings more than understanding; it brings peace (16 JAN 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment