03 July 2019

Sr. Rhonda Miska on Sr. Corita Kent and Her Artwork

"'Find a place you trust and then try trusting it for a while.'

"With these words, the first of Corita Kent's 'Rules,' she burst into my life as an impish, holy, and joyful maker, beckoning me to keep faith, to embrace uncertainty, to look deeply, and to festively affirm beauty.

"Corita's life and art brought encouragement just when I needed it. After 10 years of life, ministry, and putting down roots in Central Virginia, I had just moved to a motherhouse of women religious, following an intuition I hoped was God's call."

In a recent commentary, Sister Rhonda Miska reflected on Sister Coria's art and some of the inspirations it offers..

To access Sr. Rhonda's complete essay, please visit:

U. S. Catholic: How the 'pop art nun' inspired a leap of faith (March 2019)

Background information:

Corita Art Center

Wikipedia: Corita Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment