21 March 2022

Bishop Tobin on a Few Words Changing Our Lives

"Italian Cardinal Agostino Cacciavillan died in Rome on March 5th at the age of 95. Cardinal Cacciavillan was a longtime Vatican diplomat whose most prominent assignment was his service as the Apostolic Nuncio to the United States from 1990 to 1998.

"Our paths crossed on October 27, 1992 when in a telephone call, then Archbishop Cacciavillan informed me that I had been chosen to become a bishop. From his lips I heard: 'The Holy Father has chosen you to be the Auxiliary Bishop of Pittsburgh and, of course, you will accept.' After a pause and a deep breath, I responded, 'Your Excellency, I don't understand it, but if the Holy Father wants me to be a bishop, of course I accept.'"

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on how our "destinies can be changed by just a few spoken words."

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: When A Few Words Change Your Life (17 MAR 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment