20 March 2022

Fr. Michael Rennier on Facing Indecisiveness

"I'm one of those people who, when I encounter a fork in a path in the woods, regret that I cannot travel down both paths. It bothers me that I don't know where the other path goes. Maybe it's something great - a waterfall or scenic view - but alas, we cannot be in two places at once. I must take my chances, choose a path and stick to it.

"It's a classic conundrum. In “The Road Not Taken,” Robert Frost writes,

    'Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood'

"Paralyzed by a fork in the road, Frost has captured the very spirit of indecisiveness. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Father Michael Rennier reflected on how the Annunciation can be an inspiration for persons facing indecisiveness.

To access Fr. Rennier's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Fr. Michael Rennier: Like Mary and Joseph, we too can make big decisions with no regrets (20 MAR 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment