24 March 2022

Lucia Silecchia on Connections in Ordinary Times

"For reasons not quite known to me, some of my most interesting encounters with strangers seem to happen at bus stops. Recently, one of my favorites of these random exchanges took place.

"He was a little boy of three, or perhaps four at the most. He was impatient in a happy way - a merry mindset that eludes me on public transit. At his mother's insistence, he was still bundled up for winter, but we all knew that spring was not far away. He told me his name and I told him mine. He was impressed - I think - that I knew the names of the cartoon characters on his jacket. Having someone in my family about his age helped!"

In a recent commentary, writer/Professor Lucia A. Silecchia reflected on how, "in these days where the world seems so disconnected and isolated," an act of kindness served as a reminder of the "treasures and connections that can bind us together in ordinary times."

To access Mr. Shaw's complete post, please visit:

The Pilot: Echoes: Lucia A. Silecchia: Connections in Ordinary Times (23 MAR 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment