16 March 2022

Sarah Robsdottir on Lent as the Perfect Time for Spring Cleaning

"Anyone who knows me is familiar with the pride I take in my super-messy oversized van. Typically, I revel in the fact that between forgotten coats, leftover snacks, and countless fermenting juice boxes, I could easily live in this 15-passenger vehicle for at least a week. That's why you can imagine my kids' surprise when we hit the car wash on Ash Wednesday.

"The grand event wasn't planned to coincide with the start of Lent - a 40-day journey in which Christians prepare themselves for Easter by focusing more intently on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. . . ."

In a recent commentary, writer Sarah Robsdottir reflected on the opportunity that Lent provides to offer spring cleaning as a prayer one can see.

To access Ms. Robsdottir's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Sarah Robsdottir: Why Lent is the perfect time for spring cleaning (16 MAR 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment