09 May 2022

Bishop Tobin on Driving Through a Cemetery on a Sunday Morning

"I live in a cemetery. Oh, it's not like I'm immediately surrounded by graves and tombstones, but I live in a little house on the corner of the cemetery property.

"Sometimes if I'm running out early on a Sunday morning to pick-up a newspaper, I take a little detour to drive through the cemetery. Usually there aren't any other visitors there yet, and I have the place all to myself. And I find it quite satisfying, for three reasons."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the peace, prayer, and perspective he finds while driving through a cemetery on a Sunday morning.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: Driving Through a Cemetery on a Sunday Morn (5 MAY 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment