31 May 2022

Colleen Schena on the Visitation of Mary

"When I was in college, I regularly participated in Alternative Breaks - spring trips that brought me to new communities and made me a humble student in service to them; these trips often entailed somewhat arduous travel, whether it was plane rides or car trips, and our daily activities varied from laying drainage pipe to learning how to play the dulcimer (a classic bluegrass instrument with Appalachian roots)."

"I know I looked forward to what I would learn each time I went, but the travel was a regularly daunting thought. Today'’s celebration of the Feast of the Visitation reminded me each time that the desire and heart to serve won out over comfort in the life of Mary."

 In a recent commentary, writer Colleen Schena reflected on Mary's Visitation and her example of selfless service.

To access Ms. Schena's complete reflection, please visit:

Relevant Radio: The Visitation, a Feast of Service (31 MAY 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment