06 March 2023

Bishop Tobin on Confronting Our Sins

"Whenever we say the Confiteor at Holy Mass we confess that we have sinned 'in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault.' Although we say those words rather casually sometimes, their meaning is important.

"Three times we admit that we have sinned, 'through my fault' as we strike our breast in humility and sorrow. It's certainly an appropriate way to begin Holy Mass, and a pretty dramatic gesture, if you think about it."
.
In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the meaning of the Confiteor we pray at the beginning of Mass.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

The Imitation of Christ: Through My Most Grievous Fault (23 FEB 93)

No comments:

Post a Comment