15 March 2023

Cecilia Pigg on Why Lenten Penances Matter

"We're four weeks in - have you hit the Lenten slump yet?

"I coast along for a good week or two right after Ash Wednesday (and the first two weeks of the new year with my new year resolutions, for that matter). But then I hit some road bumps. I get a little sloppy with what I've decided to give up or add for Lent, and it seems less important to keep going strong. I have to remind myself why I'm doing these things. And sometimes it is hard to figure out why staying strong is important."

In a recent commentary, writer Cecilia Pigg reflected on two of the reasons why Lenten penances matter.

To access Ms. Pigg's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia; Cecilia Pigg: What I've learned about staying strong at the end of Lent (14 MAR 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment