09 March 2023

Fr. Jack Kolodziej, OSFS, on Spiritual Family Trees

"have always been fascinated by history, especially the history of my family.  Learning about my roots and the branches of my family tree always interests me. When I discover someone I never knew existed I get especially excited.

"I was recently looking at old census records on ancestry.com and found that my grandfather, Michael Conroy, had a little sister . . .Nora, who died at the age of ten from influenza. 

"While I don't have any other information about young Nora Conroy, I do know that she is part of my family story and that she is someone who I can now pray for (and to) as I include all of my aunts, uncles and cousins in my daily prayer.

"I thought of Nora when I came across the story of Saint Dominic Savio. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Father Jack Kolodziej, OSFS, reflected on the blessing of our spiritual "cousins"

To access Fr. Kolodziej's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection: Spiritual Family Tree (9 MAR 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment