26 May 2023

Regina Andrews on Missed Opportunities

"Vacuuming vigorously one morning, I was almost finished and only had to do the carpet inside the bedroom closet. I grabbed the closet door knob to open the folding door, but ended up holding the door up. One side of the door was still attached to the wall, but the other side had come off its track. I left it alone, and decided to ask my husband to fix it when he got home.

"One thing led to another that night and I didn't even think about it until we went upstairs to go to sleep. When he saw the door he mumbled, 'no problem,' and pushed the door back a little bit. It wasn't closed, but it wasn’t quite as bad as before."

In a recent commentary, writer Regina Andrews reflected on how easy it is to overlook missed opportunities (including spiritual ones) in our lives.

To access Ms. Andrews's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Regina Andrews: The things you don't even see anymore (26 MAY 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment