22 October 2023

Lucia A. Silecchia on Vision in Ordinary Times


"
I miss shopping for clothes with my mom.

"Some of that stems from that too-familiar ache known to all those who have loved and lost. The desire to run an ordinary errand, exchange a quick phone call, or share a cup of coffee together just one more time is a deep longing with a permanent home in my heart -- and the hearts of so many I know.

"But there was something unique about shopping for clothes with my mom. . . ."

In a recent commentary, writer/Professor Lucia A. Silecchia reflected on the dangers seeing only that which is before us without also seeing "potential and optimism about all that could lie ahead if we seek out the good that is so often hidden away."

To access Professor Silecchia's complete post, please visit:

The Pilot: Echoes: Lucia A. Silecchia: Vision in Ordinary Times (18 OCT 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment